Do we start with blogs or FrontPage?
You have been asking about making Websites and blogs to go on the Internet.
This year we have used Classblogmeister for you to post your thoughts, ideas, and concerns. This blog is private so remember to make your blog private and ask for help when you are trying to set up your new blog account.
Rules for starting a blog or Website:
First get permission from your parents about starting a Website or blog that is actually placed on the Internet. In class, we have been working with FrontPage that creates WebPages but these have not been placed on the Web. You must get permission from your parents and work with your parents to build a Website or blog.
Blogs are the easiest for you to create, so ask your parents to help you make a blog a safe place for you to post your thoughts, ideas, and opinions. Many of you have a blog and know how to make it private. Remember Adora, her mom checks everything she writes then she is allowed to post and her comments are check by her mom too. In this way, no one can post anything without it being read by mom first.
- Never, never, never give anyone your user name or password.
- You must not give out personal information to anyone, even a classmate.
- Do not put images of any kind of yourself on the Internet. You must have permission from parents and be 14 years of age to put images on Flickr.
- Do not use your full name on the Internet. Always get help from a parent when answering questions on the Internet.
- Remember to take pictures of things not people, buildings not people, objects not family.
- Since you are underage, get permission from an adult or ask their opinion of what you are posting online. It is a permanent place. Do not take pictures of inappropriate things for a little joke. This is acting irresponsible. Be responsible and think before you post pictures.
Trust Your Parents:
- Seek the advice of your parents or adult members of your family. They can help you when trying to make decisions about Internet Safety.
- Be careful and if in doubt…..ask, ask, and ask again.